Tuesday, November 21, 2023

A Quicker Meal?

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

Have any of you seen the show Upload on Amazon Prime

(Briefly: In the future, people can be uploaded into a virtual world after they die. The show is about one guy navigating this world. It's a half hour show in its 3rd season. It's a comedy, but the world definitely is dystopian.) 

I'm a bit behind, but there was one episode that took place on what I assume was Thanksgiving (although it was called something different). And they had one throwaway detail that I think is perfect for this week.

What if you could "digitally print" your Thanksgiving dinner? (Think 3D printers. Yes, it's food. Yes, it's edible.)

11 comments:

  1. Haven't seen Upload (although I do have Amazon Prime, I rarely use its streaming service) and, as for 3D printed Thanksgiving dinner - no, not as long as my husband is willing to cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm....no cooking and would taste like a great meal and not paper? I might give that a shot. This show sounds interesting but I bet it's bleak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would a lease try one meal by three D printer.
    My home isn't set up for streaming.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3D hardware, etc., seems fine. But food? I'd rather eat simple things locally sourced as much as possible. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as I don’t have to figure out how to print the dinner, I’d give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to check this show out. I believe we will be uploading ourselves in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would experience the most incredible feast ever! 🦃🍽️🎉

    Happy Thanksgiving, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure, why not? One step closer to the replicator of Star Trek!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.