Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Starting Now

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

I finally got a chance to see the final season of A Discovery of Witches, and that got me thinking of vampires:

What if you were offered the chance to become an immortal vampire, starting now, the age you are now? You would never get any older, but you'd never be younger, either.

8 comments:

  1. No thanks! Even in my prime I wouldn't have wanted to be immortal. Now? All the aches and pains of age endlessly? A lot of vampires in novels and movies don't seem too happy about being vampires. Quite a weight to bear. I also think of Tuck Everlasting, and the problems that led to for the family. And the toad I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! I'll just wait for Heaven and take my immortality there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck and never taste food again, only blood. Nope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brings back the memories of all the Dracula movies I saw (with Christopher Lee)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Difficult to imagine myself in that situation, since I don't like vampires!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it would be better than a child turned immortal, such as in "Interview with a Vampire". ~shudder~ But I would soon sit and watch for sunrise. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch my loved ones grow old and die? A diet of blood?
    No, thanks!

    Another fun question, Liz!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.