Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Polyglot

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

I saw this posted on social media, but as a wish for the superpower. I thought it'd make an excellent "what if?". 

What if you could speak every language on Earth?

9 comments:

  1. I'd be in constant demand as a translator for sure! I'm not planning to travel, however that power would have come in handy when I did. It might surprise a lot of people in other countries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would definitely open the doors to more travels! And have so much fun pretending to be the dumb American when I know exactly what they are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my brain would explode from so much knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be thinking of the man travel adventures I could have with that superpower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be so in Demand that I would consider it a blessing and a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd be always mixing them hopelessly until no one could understand me but my cats, who read me like a book, no matter what I might say in what language. They understand the universal languages of the body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could travel to any country and communicate effortlessly with the locals.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.