Monday, March 11, 2024

Two Months' Work

It. Is. Finished.

blue knitted afghan with gray border

The border went pretty smoothly once I got it going. I worked a bit on it each night last week.

folded blue knitted afghan with gray border

When I went to update its Ravelry page, I discovered something funny. I began the project on January 7th. I completed it on March 7th. Two months exactly.

folded blue knitted afghan with gray border

I'm happy with this one. If I got cold often enough, I might be tempted to make one for myself. But, I would rarely use it. This one was always meant as a birthday present, belated as her birthday was in January. (But she's watched me make it, so she knew it was coming.) 

And now that this is done, it's time to get back to that dragon swatch that I have to redo. Or perhaps something else interesting will pop up. We shall see.

The blue afghan in blog posts:

26 comments:

  1. It looks great! It's pretty and it looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out nice! I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will love it, hope she's in a colder clime than you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not. (They live 15ish miles from me.) But she runs cold, which is why she requested the afghan when she got to touch the dragon one I did last year.

      Delete
  4. I love the colors and it looks so soft and comfy. Now if you moved to where I live, you'd get a lot of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! And it will only be a little late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She made the request in early January. Her birthday is mid-January. It wasn't going to be on time.

      Delete
  6. I love that blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of two months time...nice job for sure. Don't think I have ever known you to do an afghan. You usually do things more complicated. Me...I do the simple afghans...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that dragon one that I finished up in December. But you're right, I don't generally do afghans. Not for any other reason than I don't really need one. Not that I'm opposed to them.

      Delete
  8. Well done, it looks so cozy and soft! Maybe for you, just a smaller one for the feet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out nicely. I like the white border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz - that looks brilliant - well done and I bet the recipient was/is delighted ... clever and cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a professional! The border looks great and detailed, to my eye. She will love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does. She's been using it for more than a week now.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.