Monday, March 4, 2024

On the Border

I did bind off the afghan.

Blue knitted afghan, folded

(There's still not a great way to take a picture of the whole thing, so it's folded in half here.) 

And all that's left is doing something around the edging. A border. 

I hemmed and hawed all week, trying to decide what to do. I looked through my stitch dictionary. I perused Pinterest and Ravelry. Then I went back to the first thing I looked at on Pinterest and decided (after discussing it with the recipient) that was the one.

Initially it was too wavy, so I had to do some math to figure out how to fit it along the edges of the afghan. But now it seems to be working fine.

I have a busy work week planned, so I don't know if I'll have the time or be too tired nightly to touch this. I hope to have it finished pretty soon. (Any longer and it'll be done just in time for the weather to warm up.) 

And then I'll have to figure out what to make next. Sigh.

The afghan's previous posts:

23 comments:

  1. Hi Liz - I too thought the border pretty and tied in well with the whole... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border goes well with the rest of the afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just wavy enough to look nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wavy before was more like a ruffle--not enough to ruffle but getting there. Now it lies flat.

      Delete
  4. I know I've said this before, but it looks so soft and cozy! I want to squeeze it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thecontemplativecat here. Gorgeous color and texture. The border is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it!
    - Darla
    https://darlamsands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really cool border. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful. I have no clue how you do it. I'm not a knitter and don't crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finish, well done! The border looks pretty, I love the contrasting color.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.