Monday, February 12, 2024

Two Skeins

I am now two skeins in to the blue afghan:

(And I don't really have anything to say about it. It's been a pretty uneventful knit.) 

The afghan currently measures 39 inches by 42 inches. I'm using Bernat Blanket yarn, color Dark Teal (10825). It's 74 stitches on size 11 needles. (I'm not sure how many rows I've knit. I'm not going to count.) The main stitch pattern is the Fancy Lozenge Pattern from Barbara Walker's A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns (page 17 of the edition I have). The borders are worked in moss stitch.

The technical information is for me. If I ever want to recreate this, it's easier to just have the info jotted down somewhere. This way, it's just a matter of searching my blog (although, I'll probably transfer this to Ravelry as well at some point). 

Is your weather warming up? (I'm hoping for a couple more weeks of cold here so I can get the majority of this afghan done. It's not fun to do in warmer weather.) 

12 comments:

  1. I live in a place where woolens are never required. So can't share your excitement. But your afghan looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for me. I rarely get cold enough to need it.

      Delete
  2. You are making great progress. I like the pattern and yarn color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good.

    We’re getting snow tonight and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both the color and the pattern. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you're making great progress. And yes, it's a little warmer in the high 30's this week. And it's sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's coming along! A little warmer today but chilling again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be nice if it would just warm up already, right?

      Delete
  7. The afghan is coming along beautifully. We had a warmish weekend but the forecast calls for snow tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here the temperature is inching its way up.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.