Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Trust the Enemy?

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

What if the solution to your problem was offered by your nemesis? (I think I've done this question before. If not this question, then the question I did was similar.)

9 comments:

  1. Trust the devil you know than go without a solution!

    Well, I'm not sure. It so happens that a person who did me a lot of damage, though not maliciously, is now trying to patronize me again. But I'm keeping him at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud to say that I don't have an nemesis anymore. Just people I like less than others. You have to be open to what the universe provides. Just be cautious if it is from an enemy :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help thinking of the old saying: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And I agree with Bathwater...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm....if it was Putin or Trump, I would not use it. They are always in it for themselves and that solution would not be a good one. I'd keep searching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd probably cozy up temporarily or work a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first reaction would be to distrust the solution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tricky situation! I would watch out for hidden motives. Sometimes, necessity outweighs animosity, but I will certainly stay cautious!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.