Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Stalker


Monday. I arrived at the school and checked in. At the same time, a sub I had not met before arrived. (We were in the parking lot at the same time. I think I got to the secretary before her, though.) She was not sure where her first period class was. As we were going to the same building, I told her I'd show her where to go.

(We were both covering classes in the new STEAM building. It wasn't far from the main office. I had an easy math class. She had that health careers class that I covered a while back.) 

We were both on opposite sides of the building, so I pointed out where she needed to head, and I wished her well. I assured her the health careers classes were an easy gig. 

Tuesday. I snagged a gig at the continuation high school. I haven't been there much this school year. It's the luck of the draw. 

I arrived at the school, checked in, and I headed to my classroom for the day. 

There were two other subs on campus that day. I did not see the sub for the CAD class, but I did run into the sub for the math class. And now she was a familiar face. 

"You're following me." 

Well, I'd say she was following me, but I didn't see any reason to correct her. 

I did not see her the rest of the week, but I'm sure I'll see her around. Now I just need to get her name.

12 comments:

  1. It will be interesting if you start running into each other more often. You'll probably get her name eventually, if so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen her since last Tuesday, but it's just a matter of time.

      Delete
  2. You are going to stalk each other 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of those things, you run into someone a couple of times, and it seems like they're everywhere, because now you notice them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a title like 'stalker' I was a little worried about what was happening at school. :)

    Nice to see a familiar face, though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you subs cross paths a few times, during a year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run into some subs more than others. And some of us know each other better than others. She was new for me, but there are five/six other subs that I always will stop and chat with.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.