Monday, June 24, 2024

Almost There

One day this past week, Thursday, I think, I pulled out the eyes and contemplated working on the sweater. And that's as far as it got.

I am feeling better, more like myself. But I'm still a bit stuffy. And it's been rather warm. 

On Saturday, I was out. I brought my take-along project with me. The string lights...

Well, at least I did something.

Here's a picture of what I've got complete as of now:

On Saturday I completed one green, two teal, and I got that yellow one started. I'm going to finish that yellow one, do another yellow one, and then I'm calling it (for this strand, at least). 

Hopefully I'll have something from the eye sweater to show next week. But I'm not holding my breath.

The string lights thus far:

24 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better, hard to be motivated when you're fighting off a sickness. The strand of lights is wonderful, such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you’re doing better. The lights are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Your string lights are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pulled out the eyes? Guess I missed something in your last update. But I have been loving your crocheted Christmas lights. Happy you are finally feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pulled them out of the project bag in which they live. I looked at those eyes. I thought about it. And I did nothing other than put them away again.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. What you have done looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz - well done - I'm glad you're feeling better ... and those lights are quite delightful. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! This string is so cute. I hope you keep feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's nice to feel like myself again.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry you weren't feeling your best. I hope you're getting better and better. I LOVE those lights! I always thought they'd be difficult to make so I never gave 'em a go. I'll have to rethink that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finally feeling like myself (a bit tired, but no longer sick), so yay! I linked to the pattern in one of those blog posts. It is simple and quick. You should totally try it.

      Delete
  9. The string lights are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I can easily see this being sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not planning on selling it. Unless you're making an offer ;)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.