Monday, December 26, 2022

Nearly Finished

Christmas day I tested positive for Covid. Sigh. My posts for this week were pre-scheduled, so they'll go out as planned. I'll probably be around as normal. Tale care, everyone. 

The last time I blogged about the Calash was on November 7th

I've been plugging away on this off and on, but I haven't been writing about it because there isn't much to say.

It's a scarf/hood. I started off casting on a few stitches. Then it grew until I got to the head part. At the top of the head I did some short rows. Then I knit back down the other side. 

Because this is a pattern with a hood, there is an ending point, unlike when one knits a scarf until one feels it's long enough. 

And, as of this writing, I'm about a dozen rows away from that ending point.

Finally.

Of course, I don't really have any other projects going at the moment, but I'm on winter break, so allegedly I'll have some time to put something together and start it.

But as with how I've been knitting lately, I don't have a lot of confidence that that'll actually happen.

Hopefully I'll have a finished project to show off next week. 

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

21 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear this! What a Christmas "gift." I hope you are one of those who have slight symptoms and no lasting issues. I guess there are goods and bads to being in during the break. I'm sure you had other plans, but you aren't missing work. Yeah, looking at the bright side there, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact, I had made no plans for this week, so I have all the time in the world to lie on my bed, watch TV, and sleep.

      Delete
  2. Who isn't sick right now? I have a bit of something, though I haven't tested for anything. I hope you get through the virus okay. The scarf looks very nice btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have tested either (it feels like a cold), but I was going to be around others on Christmas, so to be safe... I couldn't believe I got a positive result. Eeek.

      Delete
  3. Oh no. I hope the vaccine does its job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel great now. I love these shades, you do it very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only tested positive yesterday. I should be okay in a few days.

      Delete
  5. You’re 5be second friend who tested positive on Christmas, and she’s also a teacher. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I feel like I have a cold, so I should be okay soon.

      Delete
  6. Oh NO....I am so sorry. I hope you are feeling better today. Love those colors in the scarf. That is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not fun, to get covid. Do you have symptoms? Did you have a good Christmas? Mine was the best ever I think. I almost always think that though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I have a cold. (I only tested because I was supposed to go somewhere on Christmas, but I wanted to have a negative Covid test before going.)

      Delete
  8. Covid - ugh. My son came down with something (so we couldn't see him for either Christmas Eve or Christmas) on Christmas Eve and is just about all recovered now. He tested negative on a home test Christmas Day but who knows? there is so much sickness going around here in New York. I am happy that for you it's presenting like a cold. Still, not great. Don't get too bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got plenty to watch on TV. I thought I just had a cold, but I took a test just to be safe. Then I took a second test because the first had to be a false positive.

      Delete
  9. Oh bugger, Liz. You've done so well up until now - especially being in the classroom - to avoid it. And on Christmas Day of all days. Mind you, that's really a reflection of 2022 on the whole. I hope it has stayed at "cold" level and you are starting to feel better. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you’re feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being sick is never fun. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are feeling better now. Covid hits everyone differently, it seems. I love the bright colours of this head scarf. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Still Covid positive as of Thursday, but the worse seems to be over. I hope.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.