Friday, August 13, 2021

Declined the Call

Friday morning. I had just gotten my car back the previous afternoon, and I was looking forward to a day where I could go out and get some errands done. Although, at this moment I was fast asleep...

The phone rang. 

There is only one person who calls me at 7 AM. And while I had told her that I was car-less, I hadn't yet informed her that I had my car back. So, I was not expecting a call. 

I went to pick up the phone... and I accidentally hit "decline call". 

Oops.

I immediately called her back. 

There is one school open. The continuation high school. Seeing as how Fridays are the short days, I figured I might as well work. I mean, I had my car. I could get there.

So, yeah, my summer is officially over. Sigh. I guess I got three weeks? Maybe four. 

(The official first day of school was yesterday. And I already got a week's assignment for the week you're reading this. So, I'm back to it.)

17 comments:

  1. Well, summer had come to an end eventualy, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda expected a bit more than this. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. If only your car was still in the shop, then you wouldn't have to go! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer seems to fly by so fast these days. Course when I was in school we did not go to the first day till after Labor day, went a couple of days then got a day off for the fair! We would get out at the end of May with no snow. However, back then we had snows so it was usually 2nd week or mid June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? We went back after Labor Day, too, but we'd get out third week of June. And there was never any threat of snow days. I didn't even know that such a thing existed until I was an adult.

      Delete
  4. Back to school... already. Hope your summer was great anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure about our summer school program. But usual it start day after labor day.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good you got your car back so you could start the job but it's a shame it cut your summer short!

    Hope you are having a good weekend :) We spent some time at the park today, it was lovely!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering how I worked most of July, my summer was a wash anyway.

      Delete
  7. Surprise, but maybe you can treat yourself with the wags from that day, with some special yarn or treat.Our school year doesn't begin until later than most everyone - this year, it is September 9. By then, you'll be long into the routine. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 'round about Labor Day, we're going to be ready for a holiday.

      Delete
  8. Welcome back to your old routine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The deck I usual use is housewife one.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you have your car now ❤

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.