Monday, August 9, 2021

Mystery Project Reveal

The mystery project finally looks like something: 

...although, it's not quite how the finished product is going to look. 

What is it going to be? An octopus hat. 

I have four nephews. One of the twins asked me for an octopus. While looking up patterns, I ran across this hat. And I just had to make it.

After texting my brother and sister-in-law, I learned that the other twin and middle nephew were all octopus mad. So, all three are getting octopus hats for Christmas. If I finish them in time. Which, at this rate, I should.

(Will eldest nephew want one? Probably not. He's in high school now, so this is probably too kiddish for him.)

While researching this pattern, I found that there's a video that goes through the instructions. After viewing it, I knew there was nothing I wasn't familiar with, so I felt comfortable purchasing the pattern. 

So far, so good. I'm in the process of making the suckers. Then the tentacles get attached to the suckers. Finally, there are eyes. We'll see how far I get on this this coming week.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought so. I hope it turns out.

      Delete
  2. Before I even saw the name I was like, that looks like an octopus. I really can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks quite interesting! Glad to know that the project is right on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's cute, can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll make some progress this week.

      Delete
  5. Hi Liz - yours looks great - well done; while the kids will enjoy their presents this year ... what a fun hat. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaaa! That is so cool and many people including grown ups love animal hats. My 64 yr old hubby has 4 hats that are animal looking.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.