Monday, August 2, 2021

Not Quite There Yet

Last week was a bit challenging for me. My car trouble ended up being a major repair, and it's going to take the garage seven to ten days to get the part it needs.

So, I didn't get very far on the project I showed last week. 

This...

Only got as far as this...

Which doesn't give you a very good idea of what the finished item will look like. And I don't think this will help...

(That's kind of how it'll be worn when complete.)

The next bits that get added will make it look like something. And since the school summer session is over, I won't be as tired at night when I generally do my crocheting (or knitting). Maybe I'll get more work done?

I do still have subbing stories on Wednesday through Friday. The blog is always a week behind. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your car. That really sucks.

    I still have no idea what the item is, but I like the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll make more sense next week, I think. I hope.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, expensive repairs. The knitting looks fabulous, though. I really do love that yarn coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does. But this issue has been a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you gave a good mechanic and not one that does more damage. I have had those types in the past. I love the colour and cant wait to see what it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going to this mechanic for several years now. It should be fine.

      Delete
  5. Sorry about your car. Ugh, when parts take that long. That is your definition of "didn't get very far?" You an I have different definitions, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next bit of the project is going to take a while. This bit was the easy part. (It's not a hard project, just a bit fiddly.)

      Delete
  6. It moving along. You have good taste in colors
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya, regarding the car, that's often the case. The guys take time. And we can't do anything about it other than patiently wait.

    Regarding the knitting, I guess, that's some progress, even if it's just a little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz - sorry about the car ... a nuisance (great one by the sound of it - just hope it's not as bad as it might be). Good luck with the crocheting ... love that dark green colour - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.