Thursday, August 26, 2021

Rearranged

Tuesday, after school. Ms. D and I looked at the classroom, and we both agreed that we did not like the way the students' seats were situated. 

(The English class is co-taught for three periods. Fun fact: last year when I covered a vacant position, Ms. D was the teacher they hired. Now I get to work with her.) 

Well, we were the ones running the class now, so why not rearrange the desks? 

It didn't take us a half hour to move things around so that we could move around the room better. (We moved things into the configuration at the top of this post.) 

Wednesday. It was the fifth day of school. School hasn't even been in session for a full week. But you should have seen the kiddos when the walked in to find the room completely reconfigured. 

I mean, if we'd been in session for a month or more, I could see it. But five days? The room isn't even decorated yet. Of course things are going to change. 

The kiddos claimed they didn't like how we reconfigured things. Ah well. They'll get used to it. (Or we'll rearrange things again, just to throw them off ;)

11 comments:

  1. I like it, too. They'll adjust (says the person who have never taught in school, ever) but I like the idea of surprising them one day in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They got a big surprise today (spoiler: new teacher).

      Delete
  2. Fir what it's worth, I like the new configuration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving things about is good, or it feel like a change.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about routine - even if they don't want to admit it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA....Kids! Sometimes they love a good change and others, they don't. Moving things to fit you and what you do is always a good thing. Sort like what I have been doing at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. There are days when I'm in a classroom and I think about so many better ways it would work better, but if I'm only there a day... It's nice to get a chance to fix things given the opportunity.

      Delete
  6. Great new configuration. Sometimes it's nice to rearrange with students, they have great ideas. Sometimes ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz - great idea ... as we all need to adjust all the time to change throughout life. I'll be interested to read the continuation of your ideas - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.