Monday, March 16, 2020

Periwinkle Beanie Complete

Yes, my district has closed down. Which means I'll have more time to knit...

I finally finished niece's beanie...


...for Christmas. Yes, I'm still finishing up Christmas 2019 knitting. I'm hoping to be done before summer. I only have one more project to finish after this one. Woo-hoo!

And, it appears I'll have a bit of time. Sigh. Here's another angle for the hat...


I don't know if you've seen this particular style on everyone lately like I have. I had noticed that the top is seamed rather than decreased, so I attempted a seamed style...


It was a good first attempt. If I wasn't under (past due) deadline, I'd probably rip this out and redo it. In fact, I had ripped out and reknit the short rows that I worked initially. This isn't bad, but it could be better.


If I were to make another, I would rethink the top. But for now, it's done. And hopefully I'll get it in the mail this week. Presuming the mail is still delivered, it should get to niece in a couple days.

As I'll be home all week, the blog will be here like normal. I worked last week, so I still have some subbing stories. My "what if?" for tomorrow was written back in January. And if there was anything anyone wanted custom knit through my Etsy shop, let me know. I suddenly have a bit of time on my hands.

20 comments:

  1. I've not seen that style. Looks good.
    Pretty soon everyone will have a ton of time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the majority of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great. It's super cute and in a nice color.

    Yeah, I bet there's not a lot of call for substitute teachers these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the yarn-as-head prop for showcasing the beanie. :)

    Be well and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stole that idea from One Dog Woof. I think I blogged about it at the time I made it.

      Delete
  5. Cute , may be I should knit too. Two weeks is too long to stay home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you get paid for being shut down? I wonder how that works as our schools are now closed for at least 2 weeks. Beanie came out great!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder what project people will catch up with

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz - love the colour ... someone will so enjoy wearing it - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour and beanie but I am like my dad..I would need a pom pom on top:) Everything is shutting down here too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your Etsy shop - would be nice for someone to benefit from this horrible situation. Of course, you have to be able to get the yarn - either that or you have a big stockpile (like too many of us).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a decent stockpile. And they haven't shut down online ordering yet, so there's ways to get yarn if needed.

      Delete
  11. Good use of your time while at home and maybe even get ahead of the game!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.