Monday, March 30, 2020

Lemonade, Part 2

I finished the scarf/shawl that I've been working on since January.


My math turned out to be correct. I did finish off the third skein with a scarf about 66 inches (168 cm) long. So, as I explained last week, I used that fourth skein (with its color a little bit off) to do a little border thing on the top and bottom.


It's kind of hard to see that the edges are just a little bit different. So, success. I managed to make it all look deliberate.


Once I finished off the top and bottom, I single crocheted around the whole thing. In the above photo, you might be able to see how the edges are just a little bit different. But it looks good, and I'm happy with it.


And because it was requested, here I am wearing it, so you can get an idea of what it looks like on a person...


There you have it. My Christmas presents for 2019 are now all finished. All that's left is to get this into the mail and to my sister-in-law. Just in time for spring...

23 comments:

  1. It looks warm! Though I'm guessing it would be too hot for you to keep it on longer than for the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could easily duplicate it. I'll send you the specifics if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out really nice. Can't tell the yarn doesn't match exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors. That turned out really good. Now time to start this yrs gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sending out requests for requests as we speak.

      Delete
  5. Love it! It looks so snuggly. The yarn is gorgeous and the border is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good! At least you got it done, right?

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring can be chilly. ~grin~ Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking that brought a big smile to your Sister in law?
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. She hasn't gotten it yet. I need to get it in the mail this week.

      Delete
  9. This is pretty and I can see the difference in height if that makes sense. I love it. This will keep her warm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what you mean, but the difference is there.

      Delete
  10. It's very pretty. I love the colors. Maybe it's a good thing it wasn't finished at Christmas, since everyone can use any extra little bit of happiness right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's kinda nice to send something out when times are like these.

      Delete
  11. It's still cool here. When it's sunny, the wind blows. That shawl sure looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I LOVE that! It really makes me wish I lived somewhere other than a tropical god-forsaken swamp state.

    Thanks for posting a picture (and then telling me about the post...)! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.