Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Out of the Blue

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

Last week I mentioned my list of bad "what if?" questions that I came up with a couple months ago that I am going to use (or get rid of), so here's one just as bad as last week's...

What if some random person sucker punched you one day out of nowhere? And then what if that person claimed that you started it... and everyone believed them?

8 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about it, so many cameras around, and people filming on their phones. People may believe it, until they see the footage! I would press charges, let the police find evidence I started it. I'd assume it was mistaken identity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I would call the cops. In my younger years it would've settled much differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would press charges because it usually comes out that they are the raving loon. There are cameras plus everyone seems to get their phones out. Mind you, liars are usually caught in their own words. Hmm, as long as Trump doesn't sucker punch me, I have a fighting chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I would call the police so I had a police report. Second, I'd check businesses or houses near where it happened to see if they had footage they could give me. After that - hire a lawyer? A detective? I wouldn't wait until the random person was too far along on social media (hopefully) in claiming I started it Not sure and I hope I never have to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That actually happens in big cities I know someone that happened to. But the puncher didn't stick around. And I had friends who got into a brawl with owners of pizza place LOL. They had to got court. This was a wake up call of them.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yow, that would hurt. I might cry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would file a report with the police, in case I’ll need it in the future. I wouldn’t care about the blame. I’d let them stay stupid and ignorant.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.