Monday, February 1, 2016

It's Growing

Last week...


This week...


So, progress. I got a circular needle as the straight needles were a bit too short.

As for the other thing I previewed last week, it's made enough progress that it would now be recognizable. And one of the criteria for submission is that the piece hasn't been "...previously shown in any form [even just a picture] in another mag or on any website, including Flickr or Ravelry...". So, I won't be mentioning it again until it's had its chance at publication.

In other news, I did sign up for the A to Z Challenge again this year.


At the moment, I'm #195 on the list (but that's subject to change). I know there's a theme reveal day and all, but this year it'll be like all my previous years. Business as usual. So, nothing changes here in the month of April, except for the whole letter thing, and posting on Saturdays. 

The other project I completed last week...

phone cushion, pillow, holder

I probably should have made the phone cushion in black before now. It's kind of obvious when I think about it. 

Did you sign up for A to Z? What number on the list are you?

22 comments:

  1. Looking good with your project :) I did sign up for A/Z; I had insomnia on the morning of the sign ups so I got to be #41 on the list :) Best start yet :) Now I need to get working on finishing up the letters I still need for the challenge and get things written :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked to be as high up on the list as I was. I just lucked out that day. Normally, I wouldn't have signed up until after 4, but I got computer time in the morning.

      Delete
  2. I haven't signed up for the A to Z challenge. And yes, I think that black is a good color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black! I like it.
    Glad you're on board for the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you have knitted so far looks really good but I have no idea what it will be. The black phone pad is great-good for both men and women. I have signed up but no clue where I am right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I miss the post where you told us what you're knitting? It looks really great so far.

    And black is a good color for the phone cushion.

    I signed up for A to Z, but I haven't settled on a theme yet. I think I'm #180 or thereabouts on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide if I am going to do the challenge this year. I just can't find a topic yet that grabs me and shakes me with excitement. I just don't know yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's plenty of time to sign up. If you do decide to do it.

      Delete
  7. It grew quite a bit. Looks nice! Too bad you can't share the other one, but rules are rules I guess. I'm number 138 on the list (or I was the last time I looked). I'm pretty sure you can guess what my theme is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forget what number I am but I did sign up and I've got my theme all picked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That seriously looks incredibly therapeutic. :) I love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit awkward knitting something on needles that size, but it's fun to change it up now and again.

      Delete
  10. that first one could end up being such a great woollen cape :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that black phone cushion. Can't wait for you to tell us what you're making for your submission. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out it's a little too small, so I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board.

      Delete
  12. I'm doing A to Z, too. In the 240s I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I signed up. It's how I met you two years ago, Liz. I'm on long service leave and will be moving so hopefully I'll have plenty to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice progress! I'm still undecided on the A to Z. I may wait until last minute to sign up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your projects. I've always wanted to learn to knit but never have. I do crochet though. I am currently #382 on the A2Z list :) Looking forward to your posts in April!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.