Monday, February 22, 2016

Keeping on Knitting

Yeah, so new background image for the blog. Not what I was intending that piece for, but it seemed rather fitting. Not sure if I like it. I'll have to play with it a bit to get the image about where I want it. It's a work in progress.

I didn't do much knitting this past week. I was dealing with headache issues. But I did start a new pair of earrings...


They just need the hardware. I plan to put them up for sale. And I have a question for all of you: If you were going to look for a pair of these, how would you describe them? (I'm trying to figure out what keywords to tag them with. Knitted earrings and knitted beads don't give me earrings that look anything like this.)

And since it's kind of become this weekly thing, mostly because I like to see that I'm actually making progress, the backdrop last week...


And where it's at this week...


That's just about the whole skein. (It's a one pounder.)

What do you think of the new background image on the blog? Should I keep it or go back to the old one?

22 comments:

  1. Regarding the earrings, the first thing that pops in my head when I look at them is "bobble." And I know quite a few stitch patterns feature bobbles. Just an idea.

    As far as the new background goes, I like the pattern, but the color seems a tad dull. Changing it to blue or green or purple, for example, would really make a difference, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobble... That's not one I thought of. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Yarn balls? No idea. Of course, you are asking the wrong person.
    The background really fits you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new look with the blog :) I have no idea how to market the earrings, but they look cute!

    Sorry about the headache though :(

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new background. It's perfect. Balls of color for the new earrings! Teens would love these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Balls of color... Interesting. That might work.

      Delete
  5. I like the new background. It fits nicely on my monitor and makes me think of yarn which is what you are always spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd call them knitted rainbow stud earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitted rainbow dangle earrings. They won't be studs.

      Delete
  7. that bat cape is really progressing nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Audra's bauble suggestion.

    And I like the background, too. It's an interesting pattern. And like Michael said, it fits nicely on my monitor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an appropriate background. It's a backdrop for your blog now! And like "rainbow knitted bauble earrings". It just seems nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the new background.

    Maybe knitted fishhook earrings?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the new background. The neutral color is nice on the eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's nice to change up the look of the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes things just need to be spruced up a bit.

      Delete
  13. Change the background to royal blue or deep purple knitted. It would really pop. The earrings remind me of hot air balloons, but I know that wouldn't do as a description. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the piece I'm knitting is this beige. I thought it'd be a nice change from the bright orange.

      Hot air balloons... Now, that's an interesting description.

      Delete
  14. Knitted ear bobs is what I would call them. The cats would LOVE to play with those. lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.