Friday, April 8, 2022

Garbage

The students like music. Jonas especially. His favorite band is Big Time Rush

Penelope likes One Direction. (Although, I introduced her to BTS, and she seems to like them now, too.) 

Keyla mentioned to the class that we  should do a "dance party", so first thing the next morning I plugged the computer into the classroom speakers, and I let each of the students choose a song. (Natalie chose "Skip to my Lou".) 

Jonas really enjoyed this. (There's a reason I'm choosing Jonas as his blog alias.) He likes to sing along to music on his computer when he has free time. 

Monday. It was raining, and the forecast was for rain all day. 

As soon as the day officially started (they came in early as they have no place to wait that would have been dry), I decided to put on a song that I think about whenever it rains... 

They weren't impressed. 

Ah well. At least I got on a song I liked.

21 comments:

  1. I definitely prefer Garbage. Those other bands would have made take an ice pick to my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I remember my English teacher in 10th grade having us listen to Simon and Garfunkel and then doing some kind if assignment about their songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids don't know what is good. I'm sticking to that theory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't. It takes time to develop musical taste.

      Delete
  4. My daughter had to use Billy Joel’s “ We didn’t start the fire” for a social studies project. The moaning about having to use my favorite singer for her project …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. I can actually sing all the lyrics to that song. I feel it's a major accomplishment ;)

      Delete
  5. Listening to music isn't a bad way to spend a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We needed the pick me up. Although, they didn't really like the song.

      Delete
  6. It interesting what people likes.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. A karaoke at the beginning of the session stimulates! As soon as it is a song that everyone knows, and like... ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool are you!!
    A little music brightens up any rainy morning - even if it's "Garbage" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I love that song. Thanks for reminding me, haven't heard it in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to remember all the great '90s songs I loved, more for me than for them, really.

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed that song!

    Listening to music on a rainy day is a great pick-me-up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great song. Never heard it before. My era for songs is more the 70s and 80s - yes, I'm that old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can go '70s and '80s, too. Yes, I too am that old.

      Delete
  12. I would have appreciated it. My musical tastes are rooted in the 90s alternative and grunge, although I have been trying to update. At least half the songs from the road trip playlist were 2000 or newer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I was totally into alternative and grunge back in the '90s.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.