Monday, April 4, 2022

Calash Roundup

It's April, and so it's time for the A to Z Challenge. Which I am not officially doing. But when I did do it, I just matched my usual posts to the letter of the day. 

This year, like last year and the year before, I am unofficially participating. All that means is that on the days I post, I will attempt to match the letter of the day. 

Mondays are my yarn-y days. And I did nothing yarn-related all last week. Sigh.

But, luckily, my current WIP's name is perfect for today. Calash

I started it back in July

I made a bit of progress over the next two weeks.

And then I forgot about it for five months (while I worked on the octopus hats for the nephews). 

I worked on it a couple more times before dropping it again in favor of the Surprise Scarf, which I finished about two weeks ago, and then last week I again picked up Calash.

And this is where I am currently. 

How long will I work on this before dropping it again in favor of another project? Well, I do have nephew birthdays coming up (as well as niece's), and I have ideas for other projects. Will this be the new seven (and a half) year cardi? It totally could be.

29 comments:

  1. Top of the ABC to you, Liz! If I’d remembered earlier, I would’ve joined you, unofficially, of course. Cheers to Calash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you're unofficially participating in A - Z :-)
    Good luck with your Calash and other projects, and a very happy birthday to your nephew and niece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the colors. I might have a long time to wait, but I so want to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's the name of the pattern. It's a hooded scarf.

      Delete
  5. That's going to turn out really nice. I wasn't familiar with the term calash until now. It's a nice pattern. Not that you need that warmth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably gift it to someone. That was the original intent.

      Delete
  6. We do things in our own timing. I bet it's going to be fabulous when you finish with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to do the A to Z Challenge, but decided against it. For...reasons. Too bad because it tends to up my readership. Oh well. I am so impressed with your talent. I can hardly tie my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not officially doing it. You could always still blog hop :)

      Delete
  8. The colors are an excellent blend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a colorway made by the manufacturer.

      Delete
  9. Those colors will be timeless - take your time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing links. What a lovely piece you're creating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's Loops & Threads Joy DK Ombres. (It's the in-house yarn brand at Michael's.) The colorway is called Hawaiian. I think I bought it about two years ago, so I have no idea if the yarn is still available.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving these colours especially the blue and purple

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.