Monday, March 28, 2022

Keeping My Hands Busy

The surprise scarf is finished and in the hands of niece. (She sent me a text to let me know it arrived on Saturday.) And so now I am once again between projects. 

Time to pull out Calash... 

I've written about this project before: when I started it, and when I briefly picked it up again in December

In case you were wondering how a cardigan could take me seven and a half years to complete, this is how. I start working on the project for a bit, get distracted by the new and shiny, and then I come back to the project when I finish a bunch of things and need something to work on. 

My twin nephews' birthday is near the end of April. Then middle nephew's birthday is a week later (on Star Wars Day). I have put out a call to see what they want, and if it requires making, guess what project is going to be set aside once again? 

Plus, I have a couple things I want to make for me, once I figure out patterns and such. Beginning something new takes time and thought, not something I can work on when I have "knitting time". (Knitting time is in the evenings when I'm watching TV and need something to do with my hands.) 

So, I'll continue to work on this for a couple days, at least. I hope to get to the end of the increases before that point, but we'll see. (The end of the increases starts the hood portion. If you want to see what the finished product is going to look like, click on the link for the pattern.) 

21 comments:

  1. I know about those shiny crochet patterns that totally distract. I never got anything done on my afghan this winter that I started working on in 2018(long story that had to do with a skin condition on my hands.) I have at least one project that is way longer than seven years non-worked on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's how these things go. There's a reason we have abbreviations for these things.

      Delete
  2. Well when it is finally complete it will look great.. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much like the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting is a skill that I covet. I bet your niece is delighted with the scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to have a project to come back too between your gift requests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Lego project being treated the same way. Always put on hold if something else comes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's nice to have it to come back to when everything finishes, right?

      Delete
  7. Too bad I didn’t know about the calash when I was in my knitting phase. Mama would’ve loved one of those. I like the different colors of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So. this is put on the back burner...we all have those. I will be looking to see it when it is finally done as I like the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how many years it'll take at this rate.

      Delete
  9. Some projects are like that, aren't they? They simply get stretched because of other unavoidable commitments. But they get completed eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I need this in a crochet pattern. I haven't knitted since I was about 12 years old, so basically feels like never.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a nice colorway, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.