Friday, March 18, 2022

Not Me

Friday. The classroom was relatively calm with all the students doing something at their desks. Natalie needed my attention as she had logged herself out of her computer and needed me to log her back in. (She can type in her password, but she can't type in her username which is her student email address.) 

I looked up to see the principal standing at the door. 

Uh oh. What did I do now?

I approached. 

The principal was facing out towards our back patio. She said that she wanted all my students to remain in the room as another student was having an episode. The student? Not one of mine. 

Phew. 

Doris has violent meltdowns. So does Domingo. And we'd had our fair share of incidents during the week. 

It was nice to be the calm classroom with no issues whatsoever at that moment in time. We do have our moments.

21 comments:

  1. It is nice when you are not in the hot seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked my principal every time he wanted to ask me something. Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong? You dodged it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a teacher but I know that feeling. Yes, it's a relief when it's someone else's turn. But then again you know your turn is going to come again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this week. But it was nice it was not me last week.

      Delete
  4. I bet your glad it weekend.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. whew! But that must be hard to constantly deal with severe behavioral issues constantly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. You can understand why their regular teacher retired.

      Delete
  6. It's good when you are expecting something bad and it turns out you aren't in trouble at all, such a relief, haha!

    Hope you're having a great weekend :) We went to a birthday party yesterday which was fun.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're never too old to worry about the principal.

      Delete
  7. This is enough to keep you in stitches---the kind that you do yourself. So glad you have your handiwork for comfort and relaxation and pure enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's nice to have something to take my mind off of it all.

      Delete
  8. Phew! What a relief!

    Happy Monday, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't deal with this type of thing. Supposedly sane adults are more than enough for me most days. Be well!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.