Monday, March 7, 2022

Uses for Green Yarn

I had hoped to have the scarf finished by this week...

Alas, nope. I mean, I'm making progress. I'm getting closer. But I'm not quite there. 

If you recall, I mentioned that this was a "free" project, that is, I was using yarn I already had in my stash. Going through my way back files, I found the projects that I had used this yarn in before. And I thought I'd share. 

There is one big project I used this yarn for. It was actually a sweater. For me.

the cardigan too

I still have this sweater. I get to wear it about once a year. (The weather has to be right, and I have to remember I have it.) 

While searching for the blog post for that sweater, I discovered that I had used this yarn on a sweater once before this one. I had forgotten about it because I didn't make it for me.

steggie back

But more recently, I used this same yarn to make another dinosaur-themed project for a nephew, but this one was for a different nephew... 

I have used this yarn on other projects as well. There were several smaller projects as well as projects where I just needed this color for part of it. That's what happens with stash yarn. It gets used in so many ways. 

I hope to have a finished scarf to show off next week, but I'm not quite sure that will happen. We'll have to see how this week goes. 

24 comments:

  1. Great job on all...how long have you been knitting? Have you ever done crochet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned to knit at 16, but I didn't really get into the knitting habit until late '90s. Yes, I taught myself crochet using a book. It was also in the late '90s.

      Delete
  2. All very nice, and I do like the color green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the diverseness of your projects from one color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a nice sweater! If you didn't live in Southern Cali you'd probably get to wear it more. I also really love how the dino came out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope our weather shifts and we don't need a scarf next week:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice. We're supposed to have 70s this week.

      Delete
  6. You're made so many great things from that yarn! The dinosaur is adorable! :) I can't wait to see your finished scarf :)

    Hope that your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll finish the scarf sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  7. Visit New York State and you've have plenty of uses for that sweater. Sometimes even in summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a little light for your winters, though.

      Delete
  8. You are so talented. I loved all your projects using your green yarn, especially the dinasaur.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sweaters you made are so beautiful! You are more than a hobby knitter, seems like, because wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a shop on Etsy. I haven't really paid attention to it for about a year now (all that's in it at the moment are patterns).

      Delete
  10. The sweater looks good! I love that sweater you made and the cute one with the bright dinosaur scales. As for that dinosaur...so cute and I shall call him Wilber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd have to ask the nephew what he named it. I should ask the nephew what he named it...

      Delete
  11. That colour certainly works well across projects. It's quite a pretty colour, so great you are getting lots of use out of your leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.