Monday, April 11, 2022

Ideas

I have only added a few new rows to the scarf...

...since this photo was taken (there's now a yellow/green stripe), so it's not really worth talking about. 

What I am doing, though, is thinking. What do I want to knit (or crochet) next? 

Now's the time to be thinking about it. Now's the time to start new projects. Once upon a time, I had three or more projects going at a time, so I could switch between them. But lately I only have one. That becomes a problem when I finish the one, as the starting of a project and the working of a project take different types of mental energy. 

When I finish a project, my working-a-project mental energy is still going strong. So, it's nice to have another already-started project to pick up. 

But what to do? 

I still have the square I did back in January

I can finish that yarn up by making more of those and turn it into a pillow. Maybe. 

I'm also toying with the idea to either improve upon this or make something similar with the same yarn: 

It was made for holding my phone while I walk, but it bounced around so much that I went and bought a fanny pack for walking. So this piece is hiding away someplace, not being used. 

But neither of those ideas is generating much of an itch in me. 

I just don't know what to start next. I have a while before it'll become a big issue, but I'd kind of like to have some more things started before then.

Anyone have any ideas? 

24 comments:

  1. What about some amigurumi animals? Those always look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun. But I don't have a need for them, and I don't have a place to store them, so I would have to give them to someone if I were to do some.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same thing. Make more animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the nephews don't want animals for their birthdays, so I have no need of them.

      Delete
  3. I know that feeling. You just want something to sound interesting, but for some reason nothing works. I wish I had an idea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This us always tough to think up new things to create. What about things for the home...kitchen-tea cozy, something to put around the cup so you don't burn your fingers, in other rooms- a nice wrap around a book or a notebook. A little box to hold scrapmpaper you keep near your phone to scribble messages on. Pillows, a throw, something to hang on the wall. There is always the stuff to wear as you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting ideas. Sadly, I have no use for most of them.

      Delete
  5. Pillow are always nice, and welcome gifts. You spend so much effort on things you won't get to wear unless your weather changes!
    I've seen the things Birgit mentions, to go around cups, but find them slippery. Maybe it's the type of yarn used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't drink hot drinks, so cup cozies are unnecessary for me. Yeah, I probably should have learned another hobby as I really don't need cold weather wear.

      Delete
  6. Oh they still sell fanny packs? I though that had gone out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like the same problem authors sometime have: coming up with a good new story. Good luck figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do next. In the meantime, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cell phone holder could be a TV remote holder. Project ideas? Me, if I was to knit today, maybe I’d try a hat, slipper socks, or potholders. I’m rough on potholders.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a beautiful pattern for parakeets (sorry, another amigurumi suggestion) on Etsy from a Ukrainian seller the other day. I find animal patterns frustrating. But, like you said, this wouldn't appeal to you. Maybe just browing Etsy in general would inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might. Etsy sellers are on strike right now, though, so no crossing "picket lines".

      Delete
  11. I don't have any ideas for you, but I can relate to wanting something in the wings to start. Sadly, when the weather gets nice. I find myself shelving my projects for the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the advantages of where I live. The weather is generally nice, so no feeling like I need to get out in it when it is.

      Delete
  12. But writing doesn't have the same prep work as a yarny project.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.