Thursday, December 30, 2021

2021 in 13 Posts

I did this last year. And I rather liked how it worked out. So, I'm going to do it again.

It is Thursday. This is a Thursday 13. I will attempt to sum up my year in 13 posts. That is, I'll find a post from each month that kind of encapsulates it, with a bonus post somewhere thrown in. So, in order, my year in blog posts: 

1. January 22: Fully Asleep

We were still doing the distance learning thing in January. I know kiddos slept in class. This time I had proof.

2. February 17: The Audio Fix

Playing videos virtually was a chore until I found the fix. Whew. I needed this trick for the rest of the distance learning time, which would last until just before April.

3. March 10: The Long Wait

Wherein I get my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. Woo-hoo! (I'm currently fully vaxxed with the booster.) 

4. April 14: Long-Term Thoughts

This one was on the transition between my first and second long-term assignments of the year. (Note: I'm on my fourth long-term for this calendar year.) It's been a weird substitute teaching year. Oh, and when I wrote that the teacher was out on maternity leave, I was wrong. I found out later that she was actually out due to a health scare with her three-year-old daughter. Long story.

5. May 17: All Done

Early in the year I picked up a project that I'd been working on off and on since 2013. And this is the post wherein I announce I finished the thing. Yay! (And now it's finally cold enough for me to wear it. Double yay!)

6. May 26: The Worst Timing

At this point we were on hybrid learning. More than half the class remained at home on distance learning while a few brave souls attended class in person. So, it's nearly the end of the school year, and the computerized system (where all work was assigned and done) crashed. Naturally.

7. June 21: Dragon Complete

June. My only true summer vacation. I was able to avoid jury duty. I took my car in for its first of three services for the summer. And I knit a dragon. I do love this dragon. (The dragon still has no home, but that's neither here nor there.) 

8. July 23: Mutiny

Then July hit, and my summer vacation evaporated. I spend much of July covering an English class at the alternative education center. Here the boys refused to go out to lunch (off campus!) because their phones remained locked up. Sigh.

9. August 25: Grumble Grumble

So, I was all set to start a new school year just doing day-to-day subbing. We were back in person. And then, I go and find a vacant class. Figures.

10. September 10: Car Trouble (Yet Again)

Where Back to School night coincides with my car breaking down. Again. (But, knock on wood, my car has been working great since then.)

11. October 8: Disputed Tech Deck

The subbing shortage has been so bad, I got stuck covering an elementary class. (Fun fact: this classroom is actually steps away from the class I ended the calendar year in. Different campus, but I can see this classroom from the parking lot.) 

12. November 29: Completed

I started crocheting octopus hats for my three youngest nephews in July. I finished them in November. 

13. December 8: A Change in Plans

And from the class I'm currently in (which I'll be returning to in January), a day where our plans to eat out got cancelled. 

20 comments:

  1. I just love that sweater and those hats! :D Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great you can wear the sweater! It's nice looking back at the year this way. I'm doing that tomorrow, and realize it will be easier next year if I pay attention and pick something monthly instead of waiting until the day before it posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, but where's the fun in that? It's kinda cool to sit down and look at all the posts for each month now. Then I get to kind of relive the year ;)

      Delete
  3. It's finally "cold" enough to wear your short-sleeve loosely-knit cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too. Now I just need a shawl pin as I didn't put buttons on the thing. Or maybe I just need to attach buttons...

      Delete
  5. So very glad to hear that you're fully vaxxed. You may be surprised to learn that I am, too. Got the booster last night. After listening to hysterical caterwauling (I love that word) from both sides, I decided that it was right for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it. Things are getting scary out there.

      Delete
  6. Love the octopus hats. The colors are catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those octopus hats are surly nicely done.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so nice in that sweater. I enjoy seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this idea for reviewing the year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thursday 13 is something that happens every Thursday. I found it works great for an end-of-year recap, though.

      Delete
  10. This is a fun way to look back on a crazy year! It's definitely been an interesting one!

    Happy new year! Hope you have a great start to 2022!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.