Friday, January 22, 2021

Fully Asleep

Friday. Special ed math. More of them had their cameras on than is usual for me. Some of the kiddos were bouncy. One boy had his father walking around in the background. And a couple of them had one-on-one aides with them. 

Cannon logged in. I noted that his camera was on its side, so while Cannon's head was oriented up and down, it was obvious he was lying down. 

And. . . His eyes were closed? Yeah, his eyes were closed.

After a bit of time passed, Cannon placed something over his camera. And I heard nothing from him all period. 

Ahem. If you were to tell me that some students slept through class, I would not be surprised. I'm sure some of them are. But they make sure their cameras are turned off. 

Because, seriously? If you're going to sleep in class, the least you can do is not make it obvious. 

21 comments:

  1. LOL! I guess he was trying hard to pretend he wasn't sleeping in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny. And I like your avatar, by the way. It's almost as cute as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a co-worker that used to sleep through half the day. Just saying it happens outside of class too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well what a rebel. Of course he meant to do this on purpose...Rebel without a cause for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say if I was a high school student and doing school from bed that I wouldn't have done some sleeping...

      Delete
  5. hahahaha. Maybe one day, he'll realize that's what he ought to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not good. In math, you gotta keep up every day. You snooze, you lose. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if that was not bad enough, what if he had started to snore?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps I should apologize, but this was my laugh of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? My goal was to get a laugh. You made my day :)

      Delete
  9. I like your posts because you always bring interesting stories with you students in this online version of school. now is much easier for students sleep during class because they are at home.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/01/hugo-boss-scent-private-accord-for-her.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so much easier to sleep through class. And in their own beds, too.

      Delete
  10. I think he planned to sleep, but at first didn't realise the camera was on!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.