Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Missing Third

Last Tuesday morning I was called to cover a photography class. As we're doing things virtually, that means I roll out of bed and then log in.

The school sends me an invitation to join the Google Classroom classes. I logged into the four classes and perused the lesson plan.

Four classes? I should have five.

I verified that the teacher did, in fact, have a full schedule. (Some teachers don't.) I then emailed the school to let them know I was missing a class. 

I started first period.

The class I was missing was immediately after first period. (We're on a block schedule, so we go periods 1-3-5 one day and periods 2-4-6 the next.) But the staff is busy, so I wasn't concerned right away. I got first period going with instructions and attendance and such. 

Halfway into the period, I still had no response. Time for a follow up email. 

I got a response that time. The secretary's email said she was having technical difficulties, and did I get the invitation that time? 

Technical difficulties? You don't say...

If I didn't have technical difficulty posts, this blog would have been blank for weeks. 

Luckily the invitation went through, and I was good to go in time for the class. 

Of course, that wasn't the only technical difficulty I had this week, but that's another post.

12 comments:

  1. Yeah, lots of technical difficulties.

    Yesterday the entire Northeast Corridor had a technical issue ... Verizon Wi-Fi glitched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. But I guess that's kind of like a snow day, eh? No school (or work) for anyone ;)

      Delete
  2. Technical difficulties cover a very large range of problems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 'rolling out of bed' part of your work day's start. The tech difficulties I could do without. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always been part of the start of the day. Now I just don't have to go anywhere after :)

      Delete
  4. I'm guessing there are a lot more technological issues these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun." That's what came to my mind when I read about you rolling out of bed. That's the best kind of commute in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm fascinated by there being a photography class. High school isn't like the one I went to in the late 60's (obviously).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I went to high school in the late '80s, and I took photography. It's shifting into more digital photography nowadays. It's popular. (It satisfies the art requirement, so it's going to stick around.)

      Delete
  7. the real questions is do you wear pants during your meets?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to laugh at Powdered Toast Man’s question and ask...do you? hahaaaaa. I’m glad it wasn’t too drastic but I guess thes are par for the course right now. I wear sweats by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wear sweatpants, too. When it was warmer, I wore shorts.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.