Friday, January 29, 2021

Still Life

Last week I covered a photography class. They were to read this article and then photograph the items that the article listed. Then they were to watch a video on symbolism, likely to help them arrange their still life images. In case you want to take a look at the video: 

So, why am I telling you all this? Because embedded in the Google Classroom for the class was a link I'd like to save. For me. And the easiest way to do it is to put it someplace I'll find it again. 

Apparently, they've been taking pictures using their phones. When school is in person, they can check out cameras to use. At home, that's harder. (They only have a set number of cameras, so when at school, they work in teams.)

And the link I want to save is for converting HEIC (the format that iPhones now use) to JPEG (the format I need if I want to use the images anywhere else, like this blog). I had been using them via Google Photos. I'm not sure which is easier, but I like having the choice. 

There. Now I can find that link again, even though I did bookmark it. (I never look at my bookmarks. I forget they're there.)

16 comments:

  1. High school has changed and for the better. I don't think such creativity was encouraged back in my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. Nowadays they really do encourage students to think for themselves as much as they can.

      Delete
  2. More than bookmarking on browser, what I do is to clip the article to Evernote. I find it very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have to remember in which post you saved the link ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good link to have. I'll have to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to learn any new technology or updated programs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't save anything like that anymore because I know I'll never go back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is good. As I use an iphone, this will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took photography in high school before digital and all fancy stuff we have now.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing how good some of the cell phone pics are but there is nothing better then a professional camera. Most of my pics I put on the blog are from the cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not quite to professional camera standards yet. It's beginning photography. But this is how they learn to get there.

      Delete
  10. Interesting! I hope it works out well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.