Thursday, December 16, 2021

Choose Your Fighter

The school is holding a door decorating contest for the holiday season. Winter Wonderland is the theme. I asked the class, and they wanted to participate. 

Rather than try to figure out a design, I opened it up to the class. What did they want our door to look like? We brainstormed, and they decided to have a couple snowball fighters. 

Of course, our snowball fighters would have to be the students. Eddy, who is an artist, drew bodies and hats. One of the IAs took pictures of the students. (The non-fighters got their pictures on snowflakes.) And we could easily print those pictures out. 

Which two students would be our fighters? I figured we would draw names for it. But Sydney said she didn't want to be one of the snowball fighters. So, I asked the class: who wanted to be a snowball fighter?

Leanna and Antoine raised their hands. No one else. 

That was way too easy. I repeated the question. 

Flash's hand went up. Then Logan's. Then both Sushi and Brittany wanted to be included. (Pizza was not at school that day. He had gone to Disneyland.) 

That was more like what I expected. So, we wrote down names, but them in a convenient paper bag, and we had Sydney draw two. (She had no stake in the outcome, so I figured she'd be the fairest person to pick.) 

Who did she pick? Leanna and Antoine. 

Well, okay then. 

Their pictures were printed bigger. Their heads got attached to Eddy's snowball fighter drawings. And it turned out way cuter than I expected. 

This post was written on Sunday. Edit on Wednesday night: WE WON SECOND PLACE!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The students must have been thrilled! It sounds like a fun contest idea. Snowball fight was a cute idea. I wonder if any of them have had them, considering where they live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. I can't say I ever have. But we understand the concept of snow, and we've seen such things on TV.

      Delete
  2. Nice! They must be so happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to students and staff for your second place win! And yes, I was also wondering how students who grew up in your climate would think of a snowball fight. They must have seen it on TV shows or movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to handle pre-Christmas emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been prep for vacation for two weeks. Works for me :)

      Delete
  5. Sound fun, hope you can post picture of it.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.