Thursday, January 22, 2009

Me Again

Remember that 8th grade science class I got stuck in for seven days?  (If not, see this post, another post, another post again, yet again, and finally.)  I do.  Today I covered their history class.

After a little over a week with them not so long ago, I knew what I was in for. But I had the luxury of knowing this ahead of time (okay, only since 5:20 AM). I knew who I was going to see today.  They did not.

Oh, it was priceless.  I sat behind the teacher's desk as first period walked in. And I watched them come in and see me.  They were not happy.  A couple of them came in, walked out, and came back in again.  ("Not you!")  One even threatened to go to tardy sweep.  I did not react at all.  

They were good today.  Well, most of them were.  But since I knew them, I did not have to refer to the seating chart to call the "bad" ones out by name.  

It was fun.  It's these little things that really make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.