Thursday, January 8, 2009

Written Up

I'm still in that science class.  It's getting to me.  I don't have craziness--just students who won't stop talking amongst themselves.  I am so ready to be done.

There is a solution to my problem.  I need to kick students out of class.  It's pretty simple.  I just write them up (and excessive talking is a valid reason), and poof, they're gone for two days.  

I have done this.  I've given three students the boot--one Tuesday, one Wednesday, and one today. And while this does help a bit, it isn't having the impact I would like.  I'm still dealing with all the talking.

So, I stare at the classes.  And I try to narrow down my choices.  Sure, I could boot five at a time, but that seems rather excessive.  I don't want to end up with writer's cramp.  It's just so hard to choose.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.