Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Foggy New Year

It was just after midnight and time to go home. The fog had rolled in. Visibility was...well, nothing was very visible out there.

We could see a few feet in front of us. Luckily, the way home was well-known, so familiarity helped a bit. That and slow driving. Because you just know that there is some idiot driving out there with a death wish.

We found him within a couple miles of home. Stop sign? Nah, he didn't have to stop at the stop sign. And sure, why not blow by it at 40 miles an hour?

I'm glad I don't live someplace where fog is a common problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.