Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blowed It Up Real Good

The students had problems to work on.  I sat behind the desk, watching.  Then one conversation caught my attention.

Boy 1: "So, what are you doing in band now?"

Boy 2: "Nothing."

Me: "Why are you doing nothing in band?"

Boy 2: "I no longer have an instrument."

Me: "What happened to it [a trumpet]?"

Boy 2: "I stuffed it with a bunch of M-80s and blew it up."

Me (backing away slowly): "Oh, really?"

Boy 2: "I did that with the first one.  I used a catapult to destroy a second."

He promised to videotape blowing up a third.  I was sorry I asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.