Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lithium

Remember yesterday how I was switched into a math class?  Well, today I went back to the science class.  Can't keep this straight?  Neither can I.

Today they were getting their introduction to the atom.  We did the rub-the-balloon-on-the-head-to-make-the-hair-stand-up bit.  I made the stream of water bend.  And I went over the proton, neutron, and electron stuff.  The basics.

But this all reminded me of college.  I used to sit in my college chemistry class and try to stay awake.  Taking notes only did so much.  I used to let my eyes wander, and they'd see the periodic table that was posted behind the professor.  And my eyes always rested on lithium.

This was the early '90's.  So, a certain song would go through my head.  "Lithium" by Nirvana.  

To this day, when I think of the Periodic Table, I think of Nirvana.  Silly, I know, but it entertains me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.