Friday, January 9, 2009

Late

I heard my alarm.  Really, I did.  But I still managed to sleep through it, and I got out of bed at 5:45 AM.  Oops.  (I was about 10 minutes late.)  Then because it's Friday and I'm exhausted from my week in the 8th grade science class, I managed to leave the house 25 minutes late.  Yikes doesn't even cover it.

So, I was late this morning.  Very late.  So late that I never heard the warning bell.  I wasn't even on campus when the warning bell rang.

I ran into the office.  Since I had been at the school all week, my paperwork was there, so it took me about 30 seconds to check in and get the room key.  I nearly ran to the classroom.  I got there with enough time to get the kiddos in the room before the tardy bell rang.  And I'm pretty sure that the tardy bell rang late (that's a discussion for another day).  

Of course, this was the morning that getting there early would have been best.  They were doing an "investigation" on the atom--like a lab, but with no data collection.  And there were all sorts of things to set up.  

Yeah, things didn't go so well today.  By third period I had settled into the day, but those first two periods...  Wow, what a trial!

I'm so glad it's Friday.  Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in so late that I doubt I'll see morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.