Thursday, December 7, 2023

Routines

It was the Tuesday after Thanksgiving break, and I was rolling into school per normal. (See yesterday's post.) I had taken a few steps onto campus when Onyx again fell into step alongside me.

After Monday's encounter, I was less concerned about Onyx's motives. She again followed me into the classroom, but this time, she put a can of soda in the teacher's fridge (as opposed to removing one). Then she left.

She removed the can after her class period. I did not hear of any mishaps, so I assume she got to drink the whole thing.

So, Wednesday morning, I looked for Onyx. I expected her to appear. She did not.

But, I did see Mr. B, my teacher neighbor. (He's in the classroom next door. He teaches special ed English.) He had gotten to school just before me, and was ahead of me on the trek to the classrooms. 

Onyx had fallen into step alongside him.

Well, okay then.

On Thursday, I saw Mr. B but not Onyx. On Friday, I again spied Onyx in step alongside Mr. B. 

I guess I just need to get to school a bit later. Or something.

11 comments:

  1. Must be that Mr. B's classroom has a better fridge than yours? Or she follows anyone there at a certain time. And when I was in school, teachers had a lounge and there were no classroom refrigerators that I can remember. They didn't even have soda available to students until my senior year of high school. Yup, changing times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mr. B's fridge is not great, so next door's Mr. B's fridge being better is likely. Sodas are no longer available to students on campus, so Onyx had to bring it from outside campus.

      Delete
  2. Onyx will end up teaching you some precious lessons, it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twice with you related to sodas, so Alana might be one to something if she's choosing Mr. B. Maybe not a "better" refrigerator, but an earlier one. Imagine the disruption if multiple students wanted refrigerator access!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many teachers have mini fridges and microwaves in their classrooms. Some won't let students have access. Some do. The students learn who is who. Generally, if it would be an issue, the teachers won't allow students access.

      Delete
  4. She wants her soda and she wants it cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I'm surprised students have access at all, or that teachers even have such amenities. Now I'm curious if this is allowed in my town, not that I'd complain. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mini fridges are the teacher's property. They can decorate their room as they wish. This includes things like twinkly lights and lamps and microwaves and fridges. Students only have access if the teachers allow it. Some do not.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.