Monday, December 11, 2023

Rawr, Continued

On June 19th, I showed off my "finished" piece:

And I explained that I had some plans, although what those plans were I wasn't quite sure. In the back of my head, I intended this to be a Christmas present, so a couple weeks ago, it was time to pull this back out and actually finish the thing.

I have not, as of yet, finished. But it's grown...

In process right now is that border. It's going to be about three more inches all the way around. But I'm not sure what I want to do. 

Should I continue on as it is? I'm doing double crochet around the whole thing. The first three inches were to be plain, just to build it out. But then I found a different idea for the final border.

Crochet Chain Border via KnitterKnotter

And that might be cute, too. (Imagine it in the black/white variegated yarn I'm using for the non-dragon portion.)

I'm debating. 

I'd better decide soon, though, because Christmas isn't too far off. And I kinda want this to be done on time. 

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do too. And it would build out pretty quickly, which is another bonus.

      Delete
  2. It looks cute, I'd say. But then I'm not a good judge on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be a lovely finish with this border. I love the striped effect of the B&W yarn, and your dragon is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chain borders pretty, and more like I'm used to seeing, but I like the look of the border you have already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to rip that border out. It needs more inches. But the chain might just give it that little bit extra.

      Delete
  5. I kind of like the chain and it would look good as a finisher. But, I think it would be slightly less noticeable with the black-and-white as opposed to the different colors. Just a very minor quibble, especially since everyone else seems to like it (and so do I really; it's not like it'll look bad).

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chain look will go well because dragons represent knights and folklore of the fantasy middle ages and they wore chain mail...not the dragons but the knights. Ive been very busy so im sorry i missed so much last week..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will agree with Birgit. I like her reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me an explanation for the choice. I like.

      Delete
  8. I am torn between the choices. Your craftwork is amazing. I'm wearing the teal fingerless gloves right now by the way. :D Besides keeping my hands warm while typing they provide great wrist rests. Maybe you should put that in your Etsy marketing. lol Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure what every decided it will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the countdown is on! I wonder who the lucky person will be that will receive this labour of love gift! Hope your festive countdown is going well!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My SIL will get it. Hopefully before Christmas.

      Delete
  11. The chain border is lovely.
    I just shared a new post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/12/edinburgh-zoo-winter-village-skating.html
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.