Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Matched


At the heart of much speculative fiction (and fiction in general) is a question. What if? On Tuesdays I like to throw one out there and see what you make of it. Do with it as you please. If a for-instance is not specified, feel free to interpret that instance as you wish. And if you find this becomes a novel-length answer, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements ðŸ˜‰

I'm stealing today's question from LilyElement's Friday post. Or rather, the author of the book she reviewed. Anyway...

What if there was a dating app to set people up with paranormal creatures (vampires, werewolves, fae, witches, etc.)? 

16 comments:

  1. Ooh... That's a cool concept. Of course, every day I spend time writing about the werewolf of my dreams. ~grin~ Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for it, alas. Someone has already written it.

      Delete
  2. I would love it. I love reading about or watching shows about vamps, werewolves, and witches. I love Supernatural...which is funny cause I don't do horror films....hahaha. I personally think in my day I was a witch but I got here without powers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be as uninterested in it as I am with regular dating apps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then that girl I knew in high school with a unibrow and hairy upper lip would find love at last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be cool as long as I wasn’t dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would hope those looking for dates are looking for dinner *companions*, not dinner ;)

      Delete
  6. I think its an app I wouldn't download :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I would show much interest in it. Now the "hater" app - picking a partner who shares your hates - that I could go for. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally catching up on visits and yay :D I think it would be interesting seeing what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing better than me. I think the last time I checked in was December 24th.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.