Monday, February 14, 2022

A Back Up Project

The scarf I talked about last week doesn't look any different this week. I mean, I added some inches, but it's a scarf, so new pictures would look like last week's old pictures. 

So, what do I talk about for my yarny post for today? I've got nothing, really. 

I looked back, and last year at this time, I was working on the seven (and a half) year cardi. I finished that in May. 

There's really nothing to talk about other than my moebius experiment. 

I started it in October of 2019. It's been more of a take-along project. It's the thing that goes into my school bag on days when I need something to keep my mind and hands busy when I have a class that doesn't need my constant attention.

Basically, I haven't touched it in a while. When things shut down in 2020, I was able to work on my home projects. Then with virtual classes and then all the long terms, I haven't had a lot of down time in class to do anything.

At the moment, it looks like this: 

And here's a close up so you can see the stitching: 

At the rate I'm going, it's on track to be my next long-in-the-works project, although I have four years before it challenges the seven (and a half) year cardi. Although, at this rate...

14 comments:

  1. it looks amazing:) so totaly in my style;) follow:) hope U follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. seven and a half years.. that is some dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you finish it long before then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitching looks really good. Even if it takes another seven years, it will come out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm hoping the same thing as Alex. It's cool that you have long-term projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried to crochet (I don't knit) an infinity scarf. Of course, you could always abandon it. Or you could set a new time-it-took-to-complete record.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll finish it. Eventually. It may just take a while.

      Delete
  7. Work and having job takes time out of doing projects.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely pattern, and sometimes it's nice to have a project you know is there, especially when you've got none on the go and don't feel like starting something new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is the journey, not the finish. That quote is something like that. One day, you will finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. I don't hate it, and it's going just fine. It might just take a while.

      Delete
  10. I'm not too concerned with finishing it in less than 7 years. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting! I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.