Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Hidden in Plain Sight


At the heart of much speculative fiction (and fiction in general) is a question. What if? On Tuesdays I like to throw one out there and see what you make of it. Do with it as you please. If a for-instance is not specified, feel free to interpret that instance as you wish. And if you find this becomes a novel-length answer, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements.
😉

A while back, I was doomscrolling in Twitter when I ran across this tweet. I laughed, and I continued scrolling. And then I thought about it. And I thought about it some more. And I realized, seriously, what if? 

Image reads: What if Bob Ross was a serial killer and his paintings are of locations where he hid bodies? 

If you've never heard of Bob Ross, search YouTube for some of his videos. Then you'll understand just how silly that question is.

19 comments:

  1. This is very interesting theory and it make police job so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would. If one could find those locations. Sometimes he just made locations up, from what I understand.

      Delete
  2. would put a whole new twist to that friendly smile of his. The secret life of Bob Ross--serial killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. That reminds me of an episode of "Jessica Jones" where she comes across a picture of a yard with a tree on it. On the back, the serial killer wrote a nice note to parents who's son supposedly ran away thirty years ago and was never seen again, "He will always be with you." Yeah...it's cause the corpse was buried in their yard. So morbid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I always thought he was:)). His voice was just creepy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made my day! I got such a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious! No wonder the trees are happy - they are fertilized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think neighbors and acquaintances would all murmur about how they always suspected that were was something odd about him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't afford any Bob Ross paintings.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. They say serial killers keep mementos of their victims. That would be perfect. A "remember-ento" painting the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to watch his show for the soothing voice. It's funny how he's turned into a meme. And his real story is interesting, by the way. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, he was a great guy. That's why I thought this was so funny. Because he would be the last person I'd believe this of.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.