Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Mysterious Object




At the heart of much speculative fiction (and fiction in general) is a question. What if? On Tuesdays I like to throw one out there and see what you make of it. Do with it as you please. If a for-instance is not specified, feel free to interpret that instance as you wish. And if you find this becomes a novel-length answer, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements. ðŸ˜‰

I've been doing a bit of going through my stuff and getting rid of things. No, nothing like this has happened to me... 

What if you found something buried in a closet or a box or a trunk that you don't remember having before? What if when you touched it, that item started to glow?

8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure. I would probably run like heck out of the house. I used to have dreams about my microwave oven making sounds and then exploding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have to slowly back away from the box and object and then get as far away from it ad quickly as I could!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glowing cannot be good. ;) I'd run. Be well!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.