Monday, March 12, 2012

From My Archives

I've been going through my knitting library and doing a little organizing...

My Knitting Library, currently organized
The magazines used to be all over the place, but now I've condensed them into one bookcase. I can see what I have. I've been collecting magazines for several years now, and as I went through and put like magazines with like, I found a few magazines from the '80s.

I couldn't resist. I had to share...

Feb 1989 cover. Sweater designed by Stitchworx. Photo by Ron Lynch.
I scanned the cover so that I could add it to my Ravelry library. (If you're a knitter or crocheter and don't know about Ravelry, I highly recommend following the link and doing a little exploring. You'll be glad you did.)  

It's been fun to look through these old patterns. In this particular magazine, I had a bookmark still in there after all these years. I think that meant that I wanted to make this...  

Diagonal Knit Sweater. Designed by Sandy Janik. Photo by Ron Lynch.
It's not bad. If I got rid of the ribbing at the bottom, made it a little longer, and changed up the color scheme (I'm not into wearing blue), I think it could work.  

But then again, I'm in the middle of a few other projects that I kind of want to finish. This may just end up in the never-to-be-knit file.  

I've got a few magazines from the '80s. A few from the early '90s. (I started subscribing around 1997.) And I have a couple things I inherited from my great-grandmother (we're talking '60s and '70s, and they are interesting/scary).  

What do you think? Should I continue to share?  

1 comment:

  1. My friend Meg would love all this knitting stuff. I myself am indifferent. I don't knit but I like looking at clothes. In a zombie apocalypse, your skills would be invaluable. I'd know that as long as I stuck with you, I'd never have to go naked.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.