Monday, April 1, 2024

Afghan Pics, Again

It is once again April, and that means it's time for the A to Z Challenge. 

For this first day of April and A day, I'm sharing some more pics of the two months afghan. When I finished it (in that linked post), I took a bunch of pictures of it folded.

blue knitted afghan with gray crocheted trim, folded

I didn't have a good place to get pictures of the whole thing. But when I took the afghan to its recipient, I was able to take some pictures of it unfolded.

blue knitted afghan with gray trim laid over a chaise outside

I couldn't tell you why I didn't include them in that post, but I didn't. Luckily, now I have the perfect opportunity to pull these images out.

a blue knitted afghan with gray trim held up by the blog's author

That is me behind the afghan, holding it up.

(Hopefully I'll knit or crochet something new soon.) 

And we're off. And running. Things won't look too different around here for April. As this is spring break for me, my subbing stories will resume next week. This week I go on "summer schedule", just with the letters of the day.

See you around.

Today's A to Z Challenge post brought to you by the letter

the letter A rendered in knitting

29 comments:

  1. With the white border, it looks charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect fit for something warm. Great start to your A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice looking afghan. I love the pattern and colors, and it looks so soft. Total 10/10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks much larger on the lawn chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's big enough to fit over an adult human. I don't know if that's big or not.

      Delete
  5. Great job on the afghan. I also like the little knitted "A".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I did them for A to Z several years ago.

      Delete
  6. It's bigger than I thought! Lovely. No, it's ATTRACTIVE, as in the letter A. Clever knitting the letter out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the softness - I can feel it through the computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are enjoying your spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jamie (jannghi.blogspot.com): I, too, would've thought that the border looked white. It's a very light shade of grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how different monitors show color. On my monitor it's quite clearly gray. But, for the longest time I had the worst time getting things to appear purple, and then I'd look at it on a computer that was not mine, and the purple would be obvious. It's weird.

      Delete
  10. Well done on creating such a beautiful afghan. I just want to pick it up and bury my face in it. It looks so soft and snuggly. I love the colour.
    https://haverfordwesthistory.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That yarn does all of the heavy lifting for the softness.

      Delete
  11. The white border really adds a lot to your afghan.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.