Monday, November 30, 2020

Entrelac Scarf Progress, Part 7

I made a bit more progress on the scarf this week: 

At this point it's big enough to wear. But my sister-in-law wants it 8ft long, so I've still got a ways to go. Right now it's somewhere between 5ft and 6ft long. 

But I took a pause to knit something for my landlady. 

At one time I had these in my shop, but they were kind of a dud. The pattern does fairly okay. Lately, I've noticed that soft phone/tablet holders are popping up at various shopping sites. So, I figure it's time to promote mine again. 

(The original "rough draft" version appeared on this blog in 2013. The improved version is available on Etsy and Ravelry.) 

Next week I have a milestone post. I have no idea how I want to commemorate it.  

17 comments:

  1. Love that scarf. Looking forward to seeing the pics once it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf is gorgeous! Good luck with sales on your soft phone and tablet holders :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom still uses that holder all the time. Plus it's held up really well. Definitely quality craftsmanship there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering how many feet you still have to go in order to finish

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scarf as lovely as ever. I saw your inst vid the other day. I thought it was one of the nicer ones I've seen (especially the little scallops that hold the bottom in place - clever!). With everyone spending more time at home, I'm not surprised they've become popular again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw your picture, I thought "that would make one beautiful sweater". And then I read your post. It really is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure someone has made a sweater using that technique somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how exciting whatever your milestone post will be! 5000 posts? I do remember the phone/tablet holders from before! Scarf is looking great!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scarf looks good so far. Looks very cosy. Congrats on the upcoming milestone. You could do a "greatest hits" of your most successful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scarf is such a statement piece. It look so beautiful.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/12/babor-hsr-lifting-cream-filorga-hydra.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were ahead of the game! I have seen these phone holders and thought of you so i hope they do well. I am loving the scarf.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.