Monday, December 31, 2018

Knitting and Chill

So, I pretty much missed Christmas. I realized this when I went out on an ill-advised outing on the 26th and noticed how not packed the stores were. But the day was nice and peaceful. I rested while alternating cheesy Christmas movies and the Doctor Who marathon on BBC America.

Knitting has been done, but nothing really blog worthy. I made some ugly slipper progress. I swatched a bit for some upcoming projects. And I made a little progress on this scarf...


It's a birthday present for eldest nephew. He turned 13 on the 26th. (So, yeah, still behind on the knitting.) The yarn slowly changes color, so there are some long stripes. I think this picture shows the texture better...


I had to rip back a few rows when I discovered a mistake. It was pretty glaring as it broke up the regular texture pattern. I realized it would be quicker to rip back than to do one of my usual laddering back fixes. I didn't lose too many rows.

The only "finished object" I have to show for the week was a custom order. She wanted my lip balm holders, but 2/3rds the length. That's easy enough...


I would have had them done days ago, but the cold slowed me down. I worked the cold into the timeline I gave her, so these aren't late or anything. Woo-hoo!

As for my cold, it's mostly gone now. I'm just a little stuffy in the nose. And I still have another week off, so I'll be good as new when school starts up again.

I mentioned last week that the blog was all scheduled until the 11th. Well, except for Mondays. This week's posts are a few "extras" from before the break. (I had a couple good stories that I saved just for this week.) 

I hope you have something fun planned for New Year's Eve. See you again in 2019. 😎

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I like the effect of the scarf. I'm sure your nephew will like it! I was just thinking too last night about how everyone when they get back to school will be healthy, hopefully no new germs (yeah right).

    Happy New Year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Are you looking forward to tomorrow’s Dr. Who special? I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was. I watched it almost live. (I like being able to fast forward through commercials.)

      Delete
  3. The scarf is really nice looking. I love that color. Your nephew will think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz - it's great you've got your craft to help you through when you're feeling not too well. Take care and all the best for 2019 - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice scarf! I'm doing very little today except relaxing and writing and playing on line scrabble. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    I got a i-cord knitter for Christmas and I have been playing with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun? I got one several years ago, and it's the only way I make boring I-cords.

      Delete
  7. Oh...you poor thing, I know about colds. I got mine a week before Christmas and I am still not well. The scarf looks good and love the color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If yours is anything like mine, you'll suddenly feel better not too long from now. Feel better soon.

      Delete
  8. Oooh, I like the blue. I'm into blue right now. All shades of blue. Hope your cold is gone now.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.