Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Decorated Boats

It's been a few years since we last saw the holiday boat parade. This time we went on a Saturday, but we got there early and waited a good two hours for the boats to get to us. Sigh.

We've sworn to remember for next time that the boats don't get to this little cove until about 7 PM. Maybe we even will. 

That previous time, I took loads of pictures, but few of them turned out. So, this time I thought I'd try video. And... It didn't go as well as I would have liked. I did get some good images. Kind of. But it's not great video.

None of the videos are very long. And you can hear us talking in the background. (Feel free to keep it on mute. If I knew how to add music, I'd do so.) Also, I have no idea if this will work, so here goes nothing...


I think this was my favorite boat of the night. It looks like it has wings. This video is about a minute, but let it go so you can watch the boat turn around and really get a good look at it...


And finally, a cute little one...


(I had a longer video with several boats, but it's too big a file to upload. If I could figure out YouTube, and that includes figuring out how to edit this a bit, I would make a much better video to share.)

It's a learning process, right?

11 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a learning process. We have all become amateur movie producers thanks to cell phones and laptops and YouTube. You got some nice footage of the boats. They're beautiful. Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think video editing is the next thing I need to learn.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! The boats look so festive and the crowd sounds very enthusiastic. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, a learning process. I thought your videos came out nicely. You caught the sparkle, sparkle of lights and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rather envy you the opportunity to film and think you did a good job. Yes, I agree, learning curves are endless. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fortunate to have video cameras. I don't use them nearly as much as I could.

      Delete
  5. I think you did a great job with the videos! Looked like a fun parade. That is something we never did when we lived in Southern California and here I'm thinking there probably isn't one, LOL :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz - fun videos ... the boats decorated up are always a delight to see - I used to love seeing the ones when I went to Cornwall ... glad you had a happy time .. and now all the best for 2019 - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone went to a lot of trouble putting lights on those boats.

    Photos in that kind of light are difficult. (Trust me, I try every year with the TSO concert and two point & shoots plus my camera.) You need a big camera with removable lenses (SLR camera) and adjust the ISO.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.