Monday, June 19, 2017

I Couldn't Resist

A few weeks ago, the designer of the jellyfish published a new pattern. She posts new patterns to her blog fairly often, but this was the first one in a while that made me say, "I have to make that". 

I have absolutely no use for it. But when I saw it, I just couldn't resist. 

It's a unicorn gift card holder. And I finally finished it this past week. 


Don't see a gift card? Well, open the arms...


It wasn't terribly hard, but there were a lot of pieces that needed to be sewn together. And the rainbow mane had to be knotted on strand by strand. (That makes it sound like it was a lot more work than it was, but there was a bit of assembly involved.) 


Several members of my family should consider themselves lucky that I didn't finish this thing sooner. They might have ended up with it. (I was soooo tempted to give it to my father for Father's Day--he got a gift card for movie tickets--but I restrained myself.) And as the next birthday in the family is mine... 

I'm probably going to put this up for sale. Although, I may just want to look at it for a while. 

22 comments:

  1. How cool! Your family would be lucky to get a gift card in the rainbow unicorn. Isn't your brother's birthday coming up soon, too? Does he deserve rainbow unicorn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I'm sure you'll sell it fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I bet your dad would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I wonder if it could be modified to hold a cell phone. Nicely done. I wish you'd given it to your dad, though. ~grin~ I'd love to hear that story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. Depending on the cell phone size, it might have to be quite a bit larger.

      Delete
  5. This is cute and perfect for anyone who has children in their life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz - what fun ... delightful ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.