Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Scramble


First period is always a bit of a learning experience for me. No matter how carefully I read the lesson plans, something goes awry. 

It was Tuesday (Monday was a holiday), the first day of a two week assignment in a ninth grade English class. I had talked to the teacher beforehand, so I had a vague idea of what was going on. But I spent the before-school time getting the computer set up (for their vocabulary words) rather than perusing the lesson plans like I normally do. 

This is why first period got extra time to complete some things, which shorted them time to complete other things. Sigh... 

But I was good to go second period, right? I mean, the teacher had left me this...


As you can see, it's all labeled with dates and periods. I can't possibly screw that up. 

Um... well... 

I...um...gave second period the wrong assignment. I pulled from Wednesday that Tuesday. I caught it...after having passed out the papers to everyone. Sigh. 

I figured it was easier to offer my mea culpa to the teacher rather than try to get the assignment back and pass out the correct one. There was no reason why they couldn't do Tuesday's assignment on Wednesday, right? 

I'm just going to go with that. 

13 comments:

  1. As long as it's all done by the end of the week, who cares the order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, teachers are human beings too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless it's something that just HAS to be done in a certain order, I doubt it will be a problem. It would certainly be an ordeal to run around trying to get the assignments back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds to me like you are awesome at 'rolling' with the punches!! Good for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to mix things up a bit I think.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if "good" is the right word in this case...

      Delete
  6. Oops! I have issues when reading instructions, no matter how hard I try. This is why I decided not to do vegetable canning...leaving out a step could be deadly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can see how that might be a problem.

      Delete
  7. As long as Wednesday's lesson wasn't a follow on from Tuesday's :) I would have done the same thing, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all works out in the end..I think and I have a feeling you are happy the week is done

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.