I was perusing Ravelry for no good reason. Like I do sometimes, I decided to check out the pattern page for my first eReader pillow pattern. I like to see all the different variations people have tried.
As I went through, I came across jennerf27's iPad stand/prop pillow. She didn't use the pattern. It was more of a jumping off point to design something new. And she did something rather interesting. To keep the device standing she didn't use bobbles or an I-cord. She used a pocket.
And my mind went whirling.
Because I thought a pocket might just work on my little knitted scroll. And it did. Sort of.
It's not exactly what I envisioned. I wanted more of a scroll. And the angle is a bit off. But it works.
I'll tinker with it a bit more. This was just a proof of concept anyway. Still, I'm excited that it wasn't a complete failure.
(This weekend I saw Tim's Vermeer, and I'm just grateful that this little idea didn't take me five years to complete.)